Thursday, January 15, 2015

I’m a "10"!

A Special Story
It was at a friend’s memorial that I received the gift of hearing a very special story. He was a very generous person, both to individuals and societally. He touched many lives with his goodness.

He founded a non-profit organization that mentored young people. At his memorial, a woman, who had already faced many challenges in her young life, shared how my friend had mentored her, including helping to build her self-esteem.

A Clean Slate
He told her that every morning she had a chance to begin over, leaving mistakes behind. She could start each day with a clean slate as a “10”. And he repeated this truth to her until she got it, believed it and was ready to start every morning with confidence and enthusiasm. As she spoke, she was close to tears, acknowledging how much my friend changed her life for the good.

Inspired to Action
I was deeply moved by this story and loved the thought behind it. It inspired me. When I got home, I put “I’m a 10!” on an index card and put the card behind my pillow. Every morning upon arising, I look at the card and remind myself that “I’m a 10!”. The practice supports my subconscious mind to relax and feel good about myself as I awaken and get out of bed. I read that card and I simply feel really good! That positive affirmation supports me to practice self-acknowledgement and self-love. We need both.

Blissful Awakening
Of course, all my problems don’t suddenly disappear. This positive thought helps me to shift my perspective to feel good about myself. In doing so, it encourages my subconscious mind to find remedies for my mistakes and solutions to my challenges. It is one of the things I do that helps me wake up feeling positive, pro-active, enthusiastic and joyful.

Being a “10”
What does “I’m a 10” mean to me? It means that I can forgive myself for any transgressions, let go of any mistakes, and start each day anew with love for myself and for others. Specifically, it means my choice on a daily basis to:
  • Forgive myself and others.
  • Live in gratitude.
  • Live in goodness.
  • Make choices that are right for me and that are in alignment with the highest good.
  • Be authentically, joyfully who I am.
  • Contribute to the world, lovingly using the gifts I’ve been given.
  • Be at peace.
I choose to start each day in alignment with these thoughts. I find that doing so has made a huge difference in my life. I eagerly jump out of bed, looking forward to and excited about the day ahead.

What would being a “10” mean to you? Whatever it may mean, I would encourage you to start out each day knowing that you are a “10”, embracing life being the best you can be. 

© Bibi Caspari 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment